Key points about this information item Cooking Gas in KenyaInformation Description:
LPG gas is supplied as bottled in various cylinders under the major oil companies. The current average price of domestic gas in Kenya is Ksh 185 per kg gas for industry gas can be as low as Ksh 140 per kg.
The brands offering LPG in the exchange pool are:
- Shell - Afrigas
- Kenol Kobeil - K-gas
- Oilibya - Mpishi
- Total - TotalGaz
- NOCK – Supa Gas
- Pan African Petroleum - Pangas
- BOC - Handigas
- Fossil - Petgas
- Midland Energy - Midgas
- Quality Gas - Q-gas
- Hashi Energy - HashiGas
- Text Trading - TexGas
- Green Energy - Green Gas
To be a member one must posses a minimum of 5000 LPG gas cylinders in Kenya then apply for licensing through the Energy Regulatory Commission, ERC.
LPG cylinders use a common valve and therefore a common regulator for Kenya. Consumers can exchange their empty LPG cylinders for any brand of LPG available.
Safe Use of LPG Gas
- Always keep your gas cylinder in an upright position; If the liquid LPG comes into contact with the valves, the valves gets damaged and will cause leakage to occur.
- Place your cooker and gas Cylinder above ground position and position the cylinder below the cooker
- Ensure the cylinder is in a well ventilated location away from any open flames, electrical appliances and power points
- NEVER Rest hot cooking appliances on the gas cylinder and NEVER subject the gas cylinder to excessive heat.
- When changing the cylinder, always ensure that the cooker is switched off and there is no naked flame
- Change the LPG regulator and hose every 3-5 years
- Use the right accessories for gas.
LPG accessories supplier: Kabsons Gas Equipment Private Ltd
Camping gas International Cylinder refill in Kenya: Chemigas Ltd, Trinity Ltd
Al Ain Residency Hosts Exhibition For Talents and Innovations of Autistic Childr...