Key points about this information item Bomet County, KenyaInformation Description:
Bomet County is in the Rift Valley Province of Kenya. Bomet town is the main town and the capital of the county. It is located on a class B road between Nairobi City and Kisii town via Narok. Bomet County is neighbours to Kericho County to the North and North East, Narok to the South East, South and South West, Nyamira to the North West.
Bomet County is in the highland area of Kenya and the rainfall favours agriculture and farming, which is the main economic base for the residents of Bomet and Rift Valley as a whole. The people there also practice livestock farming especially cattle rearing.
- Agriculture; including tea farming, horticulture and cattle rearing.
Banks in Bomet County:
- Kenya commercial bank
- Barclays bank
- Co-operative Bank
- Equity bank
- Family bank
- Standard chartered bank
- Post Bank.
Universities/colleges in Bomet County:
- Bomet Teachers Training College(BTTC)
- Kenya Medical Training Centre, Kapkatet
- Kaplong Polytechnic
- Kaplong Nursing school
- St. Benedict Teachers college
- Valley college
- Kenya School of Professional Studies, Litein Campus.
- Tenwek Mission Hospitals
- Longisa Mission Hospital
Attractions and Tourism sites in Bomet:
- Kariandusi Prehistoric Site
- Langa langa racing circuit
- Mariwa Archaeological reserve
- Maasai Mara game reserve
- Olambwe valley forest
- Ombo Archaeological Reserve
Restaurant in Bomet
- Twiggs Restaurant
Transport is by road network from Nairobi city via various towns like Narok and Kisii.
Investors Trust Introduces Portfolio Bond to Its Platform